On the instructions of the Government of the USSR, after the start of the Great Patriotic War in the city of Sverdlovsk, it was decided to create a plant for the production of medical instruments under the name “Plant No. 16” . The first charter of the established plant was approved on October 7, 1941 of the year. Within four months, the equipment was installed, and the plant began to produce surgical equipment, in particular, scalpels, tweezers and clamps.
At the beginning of January 1942, by order of the Deputy People’s Commissar of Health of the USSR, syringe shop No. 1 from the plant was separated into an independent “Plant No. 18”
“Plant No. 18” (since 1947 – Sverdlovsk State Union Syringe Plant) was formed on January 6-7, 1942.
The main task of the Sverdlovsk Syringe Plant was the production of syringes and needles for them.
“Plant No. 16” (since March 24, 1947 – Sverdlovsk State Union Medical Instrumental Plant (SMIZ)) produced its first products in 1942.
The Sverdlovsk Medical Instrument Plant first produced medical instruments, and by the end of the war the plant had already produced more than 35 types of medical instruments.
In 1949, the plant began to redesign to produce physiotherapy lamps and medical chairs. Among the first products of this profile were Solux lamps, infrared lamps, mercury-quartz lamps and a number of other products.
In 1952, the Sverdlovsk State Union Syringe Plant (Plant No. 18) was merged with Plant No. 16 on the basis of the order of the Ministry of Health dated June 27, 1952 “On the merger of the Sverdlovsk Syringe Plant with the Sverdlovsk Medical Instrumental Plant.”
After the merger, syringe and needle production continued until 1955.
In 1956, by the Order of the Ministry of February 1, 1956, due to the fact that the plant was fully profiled for the production of lighting and electromedical equipment, it was named “Sverdlovsk State Union Plant of Electromedical Equipment” (Sverdlovsk Plant EMA).
By 1956, the plant began to fully specialize in the production of lighting and electromedical equipment (operating lamps, physiotherapy devices, bactericidal irradiators, etc.)
In 1997, the Sverdlovsk EMA Plant was reorganized into the Closed Joint Stock Company “Plant of Electromedical Equipment”.
In 2005 Zavod EMA CJSC became the first Russian manufacturer of medical shadowless LED lamps , focusing on the highest world standards.
In 2021 our company is developing dynamically, uses innovative solutions and specializes in the production of medical products in three main areas:
– EMALED medical lamps designed to illuminate the operating field during surgical operations of varying degrees of complexity, during diagnostic examinations and dressings. The key component of the EMALED luminaire range is LED technology – beams of LEDs, which, unlike traditional incandescent lamps, are not thermal emitters and have high color rendering quality with a service life of up to 100,000 hours
– bactericidal irradiators and recirculators;
– physiotherapy equipment.
We are the leading manufacturers of LED medical lamps in Russia, the CIS countries and the world. Our lamps are in high demand not only in the Russian Federation, but are exported to 62 countries of the world . This became possible due to the excellent quality, well-adjusted service and compliance with all the requirements for medical devices.
New products used in neonatology and intensive care are being prepared for release.